Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping)
Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. It can reshape, reduce or augment a person's nose to achieve facial harmony and boost self-confidence. It may be performed as a reconstructive procedure to correct a birth defect or an injury such as a broken nose.
Rhinoplasty may be performed for functional rather than cosmetic reasons as well. Combining nose reshaping with septoplasty or endoscopic sinus surgery can effectively treat certain breathing problems, such as those caused by a deviated septum.
Goals Of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is an excellent procedure for achieving the following:
- Balance the size of the nose with the other facial features
- Modify the width of the nose at the bridge
- Improve the nasal profile, including removing humps or depressions
- Contour a nasal tip that is too large, "boxy," drooping or upturned
- Change the angle between the nose and the mouth
- Narrow and reshape the nostrils
- Correct asymmetry or deviation
Full and vivacious lips have always been recognized as an aesthetically important feature. Some of us, however, are born with thin, ill-defined lips, or our lips lose their fullness with age. But the appearance of our lips is now within our control. Fine lines and wrinkles, thin lips and a drooping corner of the mouth are all areas that can be aided with injectable fillers. The market is ever changing, with new products appearing rapidly. Care is individualized to provide safe and effective treatment.