Dr. Sidney Rabinowitz is triple board-certified in general surgery, plastic surgery, hand surgery and microsurgery. He offers his patients the benefit of his extensive experience in the areas of plastic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Rabinowitz is regarded as a leader in his field by his colleagues.
Dr. Rabinowitz has always been considered a warm, personable man by his peers and patients alike. His patients always come first, and they are treated as individuals with great respect and consideration. Dr. Rabinowitz makes sure to dedicate his full attention to each and every person who comes in for a consultation, listening carefully to what they have to say. He takes the necessary time to address any concerns and is happy to answer any patient questions. All treatment decisions are carefully considered, with the patient's health, comfort, goals and safety as the top priorities.
Dr. Rabinowitz also makes sure he is current with the latest procedures and technologies for the benefit of his patients.
Dr. Rabinowitz completed his undergraduate education at Washington University in St. Louis before attending medical school at New York University School of Medicine. After earning his doctorate in 1987, he went on to complete more than nine years of medical training, including:
- General Surgery Residency and Chief Residency, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn (Chief Resident)
- Plastic Surgery Residency, UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School (Chief Resident)
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship, California Pacific Medical Center
- Research Fellowship, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn
Dr. Rabinowitz is an associate attending at UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. He has special interests in facial rejuvenation, clinical reconstructive surgery, and hand surgery-flexor tendon repair.
Dr. Rabinowitz is married with two children and resides in the Bergen County area. He loves traveling and sports, but also takes time for those in need. Dr. Rabinowitz has traveled abroad to help children in less fortunate countries, including performing cleft lip and palate reconstructions in Kenya. He is proud to be a doctor who puts his patients above everything else.
Professional Society Memberships:
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Active Member, American Medical Association
- Active Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member, Bergen County Medical Society
New Jersey Hospital Affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Holy Name Hospital
- University Hospital
- Valley Hospital